North Carolina – the Tar Heel State – is one of the nation’s fastest growing states in both economics and population. From Raleigh to Charlotte to Greensboro, North Carolina is experiencing a demand for the best security training that the state has to offer. The best way to start a career as a security guard is to get the appropriate security guard license. Under North Carolina’s General Statute Chapter 74C, all North Carolina security guards are required to be licensed by the Private Protective Services Board. Take charge of your career today and make sure you fulfill these requirements with Security Guard Exchange:
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Successful completion of Department Training
- Good moral standing with no felony or misdemeanors associated with violence, drugs, theft or fraud for at least five years.
- Submit to fingerprinting as well as verifying a criminal background history for the last 48 months.
- Successful security guard training within 30 days of hire.
North Carolina’s Private Protection Services Board will also have you complete 16 hours of classroom security training to qualify for the security guard license. This will include training on the Legal Issues facing security officers, proper emergency response, and patrol procedures.
North Carolina is a great place to start a family and find work. To start a fulfilling career from Durham to Chapel Hill, make sure to get your North Carolina Security License today. With thriving tech, finance, and research sectors, there is no shortage of events, jobs, and attractions that need you to oversee the safety and security of the populace.
Be prepared to pay the necessary fees for security licensing.
Private Protective Services Board