As one of the cultural capitals of the world, New York always has need for professionals with the most elite security guard training. Whether it’s the active nightlife, the cultural events, political fundraiser or economic networking parties, there’s always the need for more security – and that’s just the special events going on every week. There are steady jobs from Ithaca to Manhattan and what you need is a New York security guard license to access all the opportunities.
New York has a special set of standards that you need to follow, including:
– You must be 18 years old or older.
– You must be a citizen or resident alien of the U.S.
– You must pass an FBI background check (no convictions or felonies)
– Submit to fingerprinting (specifically through the L-1 Enrollment Service)
– A pre-assignment training course (8-hours), which you can complete before applying for the Security Guard Registration Card.
New York’s security guard training program can be rigorous. Let us help you navigate through the paperwork, requirements, and deadlines to put you in the best position to succeed. You will be required to complete 8 hours of training prior to applying for the security guard license and 16 hours of on-the-job training 90 days after you receive your registration card. New York’s security guard training program also requires an annual 8 hours of maintenance training to keep your registration valid.
New York’s security guard training process doesn’t have to be complicated. From navigating the paperwork from the State Division of Licensing Services to getting your fingerprints submitted through the L1-Enrollment System, we will help put you in the best position to succeed as a security professional in the city that never sleeps. Get your security guard license today to build a better career and future.
(a) Security Guard Registration Fee: $36.00
– Renewal every two years: $25.00
*make checks payable to NYS Department of State
(b) Total Fingerprinting Fees: $105.75
– Division of Criminal Justice Services fee ($75.00)
– FBI fee ($19.25)
– Fingerprint Vendor Fee ($11.50)
*make checks payable to L-1 Enrollment Services