Licensing as a Security Guard in the “Old Line State” Maryland is managed by the Maryland State Police. In order to become an unarmed Security Officer you will first have to gain employment with an Maryland licensed Security Guard Agency.
If you’ve determined that you would like to get your Maryland unarmed security guard license here are the basic requirements to be met by the registrant:
- Must utilize the state PDF application form.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, any sexual offense or any crime that would tend to question the honesty and integrity of the person.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Maryland State Police.
- Must provide employer a set of passport style pictures.
- Must provide to employer a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card.
Currently, there is no Maryland State required unarmed Security Officer training. The Security Guard agency is the one that is required to be licensed.
Maryland State Police