Licensing as a Security Guard in the “Hawkeye State” Iowa is managed by the Iowa Department of Public Safety. In order to become an unarmed Security Officer you will have to gain employment with an Iowa licensed Security Guard Agency.
If you’ve determined that you would like to get your Iowa unarmed security guard license here are the basic requirements to be met by the registrant:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, any sexual offense or any crime that would tend to question the honesty and integrity of the person.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Iowa Department of Public Safety.
- Must provide employer a set of passport style pictures.
- Must provide to employer a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card (date on fingerprint card must match the date of hire).
Currently, there is no Iowa State required unarmed Security Officer training. The Security Guard agency is the one that is required to be licensed.
Iowa Department of Public Safety