Licensing as a Security Guard in the “Peach State” of Georgia is managed by the Georgia Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies. In order to attain your armed Security Officer license you will have to complete state required armed Security Guard training in order to be hired by a licensed agency before appearing at the Board for processing. The armed Security Guard license must be renewed every year and must be valid throughout your period of employment.
If you’ve determined that you would like to get your Georgia armed security guard license here are the basic requirements to be met by the registrant:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must file with the Board a complete application accompanied by an application fee.
- Must provide a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card.
- Must have a valid Social Security number.
- Must not have been convicted of any Felony; and/or misdemeanor involving the act of theft, drug offenses, or moral turpitude.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Board.
Some of the topics to be covered in the state required 16 hour Security Officer training course are:
- Firearms Safety & Mechanics
- Fundamentals of shooting
- Selection of proper ammunition
- Civil Liability & Use of Force Issues
- Proper techniques for storage, loading and unloading a handgun
- Handgun Marksmanship
- Care and Maintenance of Firearms
- Other required armed Security Guard Training
Georgia is a great place to start your career and the first steps are your security guard license and security guard training. Become a vital part of the community – with our Georgia Security Jobs Board, you’ll see how many doors proper security licensing can open.
Paid by agency
Georgia Board of Private Detective and Security Agencies