Florida – the Sunshine State – is the 8th most densely populated state in the United State. From Miami to Orlando to Tampa, Florida is experiencing a demand for the best security training that the state has to offer. The best way to start a career as a security guard is to get the appropriate security guard license. Under Florida’s General Statute Chapter 493, all Florida security guards are required to be licensed by Florida Department of Agriculture. Take charge of your career today and make sure you fulfill these requirements with Security Guard Exchange:
- You must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States with an issued Social Security number.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Good moral character & standing.
- Submit to fingerprinting.
- Successful Class D 40 hour security guard training.
- Submit a completed & notarized application to the Florida Division of Licensing.
- Submit 2 passport type pictures.
Florida’s Florida Department of Agriculture will also have you complete 40 hours of classroom security training to qualify for the Class D Unarmed Security Guard License. This will include training on the Legal Issues facing security officers, proper emergency response, and patrol procedures among other related topics.
Florida is a great place to start a family and find work. To start a fulfilling career from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach, make sure to get your Florida Security License today. With thriving tech, finance, and research sectors, there is no shortage of events, jobs, and attractions that need you to oversee the safety and security of the populace.
Be prepared to pay the necessary fees for security licensing.
Florida Department of Agriculture