Licensing as a Security Guard in the “Constitution State” Connecticut is managed by the Connecticut State Police. In order to attain your armed Security Officer license you will have to complete state required Security Guard training. The unarmed Security Guard license must be renewed every 5 years and must be valid throughout your period of employment.
If you’ve determined that you would like to get you Connecticut armed security guard license here are the basic requirements to be met by the registrant:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants for Connecticut Security Officer Certification Identification Card must complete a course of instruction approved by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
- Must provide employer a set of passport style pictures.
- Must provide to employer a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, any sexual offense or any crime that would tend to question the honesty and integrity of the person.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
- Connecticut State Pistol Permit (Resident or Non-Resident)
The process for get your Connecticut Security Guard license is as follows:
- Applicants for the security officer must complete an unarmed course of instruction approved by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
- Applicants for the security officer firearms permit endorsement must complete a 8 hour course of instruction approved by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection.
- Upon completion of the course, the firearm instructor signs off on the reverse side of the application form DPS-1030.
- The application form is then submitted to the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.
Some of the topics to be covered in the Connecticut 8 hour Security Officer training course are:
- Legal issues and Liability
- Use of force continuum
- Other required armed Security Guard Training
Connecticut is a great place to start your career and the first steps are your security guard license and security guard training. Become a vital part of the community – with our Connecticut Security Jobs Board, you’ll see how many doors proper security licensing can open.
Connecticut State Police