Licensing as an Armed Security Guard in the “Golden State” California is managed by the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. In order to attain your armed Security Officer license you will have to complete state required Security Guard training. If you’ve determined that you would like to get your California armed security guard license here are the basic requirements to be met by the registrant:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Individual Security Guard license applicant must submit a completed application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent legal alien status.
- Must submit Live Scan fingerprints.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, any sexual offense or any crime that would tend to question the honesty and integrity of the person.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications set and approved by the Board.
- Must also take and pass the required examination.
- Must also take and pass the required qualification.
Some of the topics to be covered in the 14 hour California armed Security Officer training course are:
- Moral and legal aspects of Security Guard in California.
- Firearms nomenclature.
- Weapon handling and shooting fundamentals.
- Emergency procedures.
- Range training.
- Other required armed Security Guard Training.
Registrants for the California armed Security Guard license will need to complete a firearm qualification to renew the armed license.
The armed Security Guard firearms qualification card expires two years from the date it was issued. An applicant must re-qualify four times during the life of the permit: twice during the first year after the date of issuance, and twice during the second year. Re-qualification must be at least four months apart and must be valid throughout your period of employment.
California is a great place to start your career and the first steps are your security guard license and security guard training. Become a vital part of the community – with our California Security Jobs Board, you’ll see how many doors proper security licensing can open.
California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services